Wed, Oct 25|
Sip & Swap!
Is your closet a little full and maybe you’re looking for a change? Join in the fun for a Sip and Swap, a clothing swap designed for some larger sized women’s clothing (XL-2X, 14-22). Have a fun night with some friends and get a wardrobe refresh for the fall!
Time & Location
Oct 25, 2023, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
The Worklery, 441 Main St Third Floor, Melrose, MA 02176, USA
About the event
Co-hosted by Kathy Vines of Clever Girl Organizing and Elaina Rivais of Lend and Mend (Lending Library and Repair Space here in Melrose), we’re combining our efforts to bring awareness and fun to thinking about what we acquire, use, own, and let go of… and how!
Bring 5-10 pieces of clothing that are either Business Casual or you might consider ”Fun night out” clothes - date night, girls night, etc. Tops, pants, dresses, skirts, blazers all work!
For every piece you bring you’ll get the chance to swap for another item to take home for a new-to-you wardrobe refresh!
- Bring 5-10 items to be swapped. You’ll get to choose the number of items you brought. While you may give more, we will be limiting “takes” to the amount you brought, up to 10.
- Clothing should be clean, unstained, untorn. Good quality with a long potential life span. If you wouldn’t give it to your best friend, leave it home or consider donating on your own.
- Items should be folded neatly or hung on a hanger. Maybe freshen them up in the dryer before bringing.
- Our theme for clothing for this event is Business Casual or fun night out - Tops, Bottoms, Dresses, Skirts, Blazers. Please, no formal wear, casual wear, athletic wear, or outer wear.
- Got some fun accessories you’re over? Feel free to donate for the pickin’ to the Accessories Table - Scarves, costume jewelry, belts, purses, eyewear, etc.
- All Items not chosen at the end of the evening will be donated.
- This is an inclusive event. If you wear women’s clothing, this event is for you.
- Space is limited to 24 attendees, so sign up soon and bring a friend!
6:30-7:00 — Arrive at The Worklery, check in, and bring your clothes to be sorted and displayed
7:00-7:30 — Pre-swap ”shopping” - check out the items for swap, try ons, etc.
7:30-8:30 — Swap time — in an organized fashion, of course!
Wine, soft drinks, and light bites will be served.
Pre-event drop off days/times may be available. Please let us know if that would interest you!
Funds raised by this events (including entry price and a donation jar on site) will go to support Lend and Mend’s mission and community events, like the Repair Cafe this past July! Help Melrose get greener from the inside with repair events, responsible recycling, and donation events.
Your admission includes wine, soft drinks, and light bites.$20.00